We are actively looking for property owners/landlords who will partner with us, providing the very best housing for our Section 8 Rental Assistance families. Join Us!
Very little paperwork for the landlord.
Low vacancy rates
Minimal transient behavior
Direct deposit payments
Low payment delinquency rates
How the program works
Housing search and approval
Request for Lease Approval
Contract and Lease
Housing Assistance Payment
Annual Recertification and Inspection
The Housing Authority will conduct an inspection annually to assure that the home continues to meet Housing Quality Standards. If the home has deficiencies, the owner is responsible for taking corrective action within 30 days. The Housing Authority will also make special inspections in response to complaints by the tenant or landlord.
Termination of Tenancy
If the tenant becomes ineligible for assistance from the Housing Authority for any reason, you may continue to lease to the family without receiving payments from the Housing Authority or terminate the lease in accordance with the lease terms.
2. Obey the lease with the family and contract with the Housing Authority. This includes giving certain information to the Housing Authority.
3. Maintain the home to Housing Quality Standards.
4. Follow fair housing and equal opportunity requirements.
5. Notify the Housing Authority if the family does not obey the lease or if there is any other problem with the family.
6. Collect from the family:
- Any security deposit
- The family’s portion of rent
- Any charge to repair damage that the family caused. (The owner is not responsible for a breach of HQS that is not caused by the owner and for which the family is responsible.)
7. Pay for any utilities and services for which you are responsible under the lease.
8. The owner is not the parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sister, or brother of any member of the family, unless the Housing Authority has determined that approving rental of the unit, would provide reasonable accommodation for a family member who is a person with disabilities
Download Section 8 Owner Handbook
479.521.3850 ext. 124
SIGNUP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER