Interim Executive Director
The Fayetteville Housing Authority
The Board of Commissioners of the Fayetteville Housing Authority is seeking a highly skilled individual and seasoned leader who can offer administrative, financial, and management oversight as Interim Executive Director, for an expected three to six month period, while we search for a permanent Executive Director.
We are seeking someone who has a minimum of 2-3 years experience as an Executive Director (or equivalent); to oversee the day to day operations of the FHA; guide the staff as they pursue their duties; work with the board on policy and vision; cultivate and maintain productive relationships with community partners; facilitate updating current and pending procurement contracts; ensure that FHA residents and community members are informed and engaged; have time management skills, which are crucial to this position.
- Manage staff (including pending 6 month evaluations) and work to maintain staff morale during transition period to a permanent Executive Director.
- Work with Board members and staff to contact, develop, maintain, and improve relationships with Fayetteville Housing Authority regulatory agencies and constituents.
- Maintain communication and relationships between Board and staff and within the staff.
- Participate in development of agendas for Board meetings and engage as appropriate with the board.
- Manage the budget by overseeing financial management and bookkeeping.
- Review current systems in place as well as organizational distribution of responsibilities and make recommendations for future implementation.
- When necessary and appropriate, represent the FHA with media and policy makers.
- Work with staff to maintain and enhance relationships with peer and partner organizations, clients and agencies.
- Assist Board, staff, and the new Executive Director in the transition after that person is hired.
- Complete additional duties as requested by Board Chair.
Position available to be filled immediately. Anticipated minimum length of the term is 90 days.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Position Term: 3-6 Months, with provisional extension, if required. 30-40 hours per week as a contracted consultant, with opportunity to pursue permanent Executive Director position,
Interested persons should send, electronically, letters of interest, and resumes by 5 p.m.,
October 22nd to the contact below:
Melissa Terry, Chair
Fayetteville Housing Authority Board of Commissioners