Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the Fayetteville Housing Authority?
A: The Fayetteville Housing Authority is a public agency that helps low to moderate income families, including seniors and the disabled, affordable, safe, and decent housing. The Housing Authority is funded by Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and includes the following programs: Public Housing, Section 8 Rental Assistance, Project Based Rental Assistance, and HUD VASH for homeless veterans.
Q: What are the business hours?

A: Open Office Hours are Monday – Thursday, 8 am – 12 pm. Appointment only hours are Monday – Thursday , 12 pm – 4:30 pm & Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm.

Q: How do I apply?

A: As of January 21, 2022, the waitlists for the Public Housing, Project Based Rental Assistance, and Housing Choice Voucher programs have been closed due to excessive wait times. If you have applied previously, you may call the office to check on your status.

Q: Can I be on more than one waiting list at a time?

A: Yes, you may be on the waiting list for more than one program at any time. You cannot, however, receive assistance from more than one program at the same time.

Q: How will I know when my name comes up on the waiting list?

A: You will be notified by mail when your name comes closer to the top of the waiting list, along with requests for any pending documents. It is your responsibility to keep an up-to-date address with the Fayetteville Housing Authority.

Q: How do I update my contact information?

A:  To update your contact information, call our office during normal business hours or mail in the updated information.

Q: Do you have emergency housing?

A: No, unfortunately we do not offer any emergency housing services.

Q: Do some people get priority over other families waiting for apartments or Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers?

A: No priority is given over other families for any circumstance or reason. Our program waitlists are on determined by the time & date of a complete application submission.

Q: Can I transfer my public housing or Morgan Manor assistance?

A: No, neither Public Housing nor Morgan Manor  assistance can be transferred.  Only Section 8 Vouchers can be ported to other areas.

Q: How can I reach Maintenance for an after-hour emergency? (Public Housing and Morgan Manor ONLY)
A: For after-hour maintenance emergencies, please call the office at 479-521-3850 and press 2 when prompted to reach the on-call maintenance line.
Q: What if I am not a Housing Authority client, but I am a renter or a homeowner having a problem related to housing. Can the Housing Authority help?

A: We are unable to help with any tenant-landlord disputes that do not involve residents that are currently on one of our programs. You can reach out to either the Little Rock HUD field office at 501.918.5700 or Legal Aid of Arkansas at 1.800.952.9243.