Fair Housing News/Information
America, in every way, represents equality of opportunity for all persons. the rich diversity of its citizens and the spirit of unity that binds us all symbolize the principles of freedom and justice upon which this nation was founded. That is why it is extremely disturbing when new immigrants, minorities, families with children, and persons with disabilities are denied the housing of their choice because of illegal discrimination.
Equal Opportunity For All – Did You Know?
- Arkansas has fair housing laws as a result of the Arkansas Fair Housing Act.
- If you have been denied your housing rights…you may have experienced housing discrimination.
- Fair Housing laws apply to renting and purchasing a home.
- The Arkansas Fair Housing Commission can receive, investigate, conciliate and/or resolve complaints alleging violation of the Arkansas Fair Housing Act.
- You can contact the Arkansas Fair Housing Commission at 800.340.9108
- You can also file a complaint online on the Arkansas Fair Housing website.