Opening for Resident Representative for Board of Commissioners
All applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 16, 2018.
FAYETTEVILLE HOUSING AUTHORITY
#1 NORTH SCHOOL AVENUE
FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72701
PH: (479) 521-3850 Fax: (479) 442-6771
Fayetteville Housing Authority has an opening for a resident commissioner. All applicants must reside within the Fayetteville City Limits and be a Fayetteville Registered Voter. All applicants must submit a new application for each board, committee, or commission. Additionally, you must be either a resident of Willow Heights, Lewis Plaza, Hillcrest Towers, Morgan Manor or be a Section 8 voucher holders or VASH voucher holders.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the Office of the City Clerk at 113 West Mountain, Fayetteville, AR 72701. Please contact the Office of the City Clerk (479) 575-8323 for more information. Deadline is November 16, 2018. To download the application, go to City website.
Board of Commissioners
Being named a commissioner is a great opportunity to serve your community, and with your appointment you have assumed significant responsibilities. The Board of Commissioners is the legally and financially responsible governing body of a PHA and the first line of accountability for the PHA’s performance.
What Boards of Commissioners Do
• Make strategic decisions to ensure the financial solvency of the agency
• Speak up when concerns arise
• Assure PHAs meet obligations on audit recommendations
• Conduct monthly reviews of budgets with actual expenses and revenues
• Ensure ethical, legal, and effective work performance
• Keep informed of subsidized housing industry rules and regulations
Actively Participate in Board Meetings
• Follow open meeting requirements