Do I qualify for housing assistance?
- Eligible applicants can be a family or single adult. A family is defined as a group of persons regularly living together.
- Must be US citizen (or specified categories of non-citizens who have eligible immigration status).
- Family income CANNOT BE MORE THAN these limits:
& Morgan Manor
How do I apply?
- Click on the desired application below. Print and Fill-out completely.
- Drop-off completed application AND “What do I bring with me?” documents to our office or complete everything online. Online applicants will receive a letter or email asking for additional documentation when your name moves closer to the top of the waiting list.
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
What do I bring with me?
- All adults (18 years of age or older) must furnish a picture ID.
- All persons residing in the household must have:
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS
- STATE-ISSUED BIRTH CERTIFICATE – We will not accept birth certificates issued by the hospital. We will only accept the state-certified paper copy for minor children; plastic birth cards are acceptable for adults.
- If you are MARRIED – Marriage License
- If you are DIVORCED – Divorce Decree and / or Child Custody Agreement.
- If you receive BENEFITS SUCH AS SOCIAL SECURITY, SSI, VETERANS, UNEMPLOYMENT, WORKER’S COMPENSATION – Benefit award letters or other documentation including benefits received of the dependent children.
- If you are EMPLOYED – Name, address, and phone number of employer.
- If you PAY FOR CHILD CARE IN ORDER TO WORK OR TO ATTEND SCHOOL – Name, address, and phone number of child care provider.
- If you are SELF-EMPLOYED – Income and receipts statement, profit/loss statement, or most recent Federal Income Tax return.
- If you receive TRANSITIONAL EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE (TEA) – Statement of monthly amount from Department of Human Services.
- If you receive CHILD SUPPORT – Case number and statement of amount received from Child Support Enforcement office or other third-party documentation.
- If you OWN PROPERTY, HAVE INVESTMENT INCOME, STOCKS, BONDS, OR OTHER FINANCIAL ASSETS – Verification may be a statement from brokerage, mutual fund manager, most recent Federal Income Tax return, or other third-party documentation.
- If you REQUIRE A LIVE-IN AIDE – Provide a physician’s statement.
- If you are A STUDENT – Effective May 1, 2006, students who are under age 24, unmarried, non-veterans, and have no dependent children must submit information regarding their parents’ income. THIS REQUIREMENT APPLIES TO SECTION 8 APPLICANTS ONLY.
All documents listed above are needed to complete each application. If you don’t have all documents when the application is submitted, you will have the opportunity to provide them within a reasonable time period.
What’s the approval process like?
During the application process, the Fayetteville Housing Authority will collect information on family income, assets, and family composition. If you’ve completed your application online you may be required to drop off, fax or email additional information for verification.The FHA will verify this information with other local agencies, your employer and bank, and will use the information to determine program eligibility and the amount of the housing assistance payment.
If the FHA determines that your family qualifies, the FHA will put your name on a waiting list. Once your name is reached on the waiting list, the FHA will contact you.